Antony Wilkinson LL.B (Hons)
Accreditation, Memberships & Awards
- Antony is a diamond. As soon as I knew he was my solicitor I knew I was in good hands. Whenever I've called the office, all the employees been nice and polite. I felt confident and comfortable talking to all of Antony's colleagues at Southgate Solicitors and I am very happy with the help I got. Mr S C, North West London
- Excellent service. Very professional and good natured. Mr & Mrs L, North London
- I would like to compliment this man on his very outstanding work. He is a true professional. Mr A, Enfield
- I have known Antony for some time now and find him very reliable, which to me shows he is very dedicated to his work. A E, North London
- There have been very challenging moments which Antony has handled with all his career expertise. He has many qualities and a great understanding of complex situations. Mr B, London
- I can say in all fairness and wholeheartedly, his manners are second to none. He is extremely polite and very calm in tense situations. Mr S, Enfield
- Antony is a very good hearted person as well as a really preferential solicitor, he has an high control and constraint of his knowledge. He guided to use something from the truth as a witness and evidence while I never thought I could use them. At the end he got the outcome which made me really pleased and surprised. The time of the hearing and any appointment were very much calming though I had stress before being there, the reason was only he was always with positive energy as he assured how everything is in his control. Ms Z
- Antony is a true architect in his profession, that’s all I can say. Mr A.E, North London
- I had a great and successful experience namely with Mr Wilkinson from the family department. He has fantastic professionalism and a great work ethic. Always quick to respond to emails and phone calls. All my questions were answered and the whole process was explained simply and in depth. Would highly recommend using this firm. 10/10 Ms O’Connor, London
- Great Solicitor, passionate about getting the best for his clients achieving those great outcomes. Sadikur Rahman, Solicitor at Edwards Duthie
I have worked with Antony on a number of cases over the years. These have included highly complex family matters. Antony is an excellent solicitor and works tirelessly for his clients. He is empathetic and it is clear that he is able to develop positive relationships with his clients who often are vulnerable or have complex needs. Antony is always a pleasure to work with and I would have no hesitation in recommending him! Somia Siddiq, Solicitor at ITN Solicitor
- Antony is very knowledgeable and passionate lawyer. He provides excellent legal advice to his clients in terms they can understand. Antony was senior to me and did not directly supervise me. Despite this he was always on hand to offer help and seemed to know how to handle any situation. I would highly recommend Antony for public and child law cases. Hannah Whitlock, Advertising Executive
Represented a father accused of holding extremist views in care proceedings. Secured the return of the children to the father and proved that there was no evidence that he holds extremist views or that his children were at risk of being radicalised.
Successfully submitted on behalf of a mother that a fresh assessment of the family be undertaken at a final hearing and opposed the Local Authority’s recommendation of removal of children. The assessment was positive and the Guardian and Local Authority changed their recommendation of removal of all children.
Ensured that proper support and assistance was put in place for a mother with alcohol problems after the Local Authority recommended her child be removed at the initial and final hearing. The final hearing was adjourned, the mother accessed the support, made the requisite changes and the Local Authority recommended that the child remain in the care of the mother.
Represented a mother with mental health issues whose child was being threatened with removal by the Local Authority due to her detention in hospital. A working together agreement was negotiated and the child remained in the care of his mother.
Represented a father in Lithuania whose child had been removed by the Local Authority in London. Successfully obtained an assessment by an independent social worker who positively assessed the father and recommended that the child live with him in Lithuania.
Obtained an occupation order for a vulnerable wife who was being abused by her husband in the family home.
Obtained a non-molestation order for client who was at risk of honour-based violence. The order successfully protected the client from her husband and her husband’s family who had been physically and emotionally abusing the client and her child.
Obtained a child arrangement order for a client whose husband was subjecting her to domestic abuse and honour-based violence. The husband made two further applications but were both dismissed at the initial hearings as severe violence against the client and her children was successfully proven.
Represented a mother in complex case regarding parental responsibility as the mother was suffering with a life-threatening condition in hospital and lacked capacity to consent to child’s vaccinations and where he should reside while she is unable to care for him. Obtained the use of intermediary support at Court for an elderly client and a client with severe traumatic brain injury. This support assists vulnerable clients in understanding the process and helping them to communicate their views, and ultimately ensures the client has a fair hearing.
Areas of Expertise
Advocacy | Care Proceedings | Change of Name | Child Arrangement Orders | Child Protection | Children Law | Court Representation | Domestic Abuse | Emergency Protection Orders | FGM Protection Orders | Forced Marriage Protection Orders | Local Authority | Non-Molestation Orders & Occupation Orders | Prohibited Steps Orders | Radicalisation | Special Guardianship Orders | Social Services Involvement | Specific Issue Orders | Supervision Orders
Antony specialises in various areas of family law but his focus is on public law matters. He provides advice, assistance and representation in matters of care proceedings, child protection, child arrangement orders and injunctions. Antony also has a background in mental health law and is member of the Law Society Mental Health Accreditation Scheme.
Antony graduated with a degree in Law with Politics in 2009 and subsequently trained and qualified with a Legal 500 firm. Antony has been recommended in the Legal 500 as ‘very skilled in public law cases’
Antony has experience of very challenging cases and dealing with intense issues. Many of Antony’s cases involve elements of mental health and capacity, drug or alcohol misuse, domestic abuse and radicalisation. Clients regularly provide positive feedback for his approach to matters and his way of working. Antony has a passion for justice and strives for accountability. Antony regularly represents clients at court and believes it is important that clients are fully supported throughout what can be very difficult and emotional times.
Antony has been nominated by IKWRO (Iranian & Kurdish Women’s Rights Organisation) for a “True Honour” award “which celebrates those who take a stand against “honour” based violence. He is praised by members of the voluntary sector for being deeply committed to every case and for ensuring that women at risk of “honour” based violence receive the protection that they need and are able to exercise their rights under family law. He is noted for being extremely caring and for having a great understanding of the emotional impacts of “honour” based violence on his clients and for his excellent communication skills. He is also known by the voluntary sector as a professional who can be relied upon, who will take on challenging cases and who will always go the extra mile.
In his spare time Antony’s life mostly revolves around music – listening to, watching live and collecting. He also enjoys travelling to weird and wonderful destinations, watching films, and socialising with friends.