Change of Name Deed Solicitors | Name Change Solicitors

Change of Name

If you are looking for help with changing your name our specialist solicitors can help you.

In addition to office meetings, we offer remote meetings by telephone or video conferencing if required.

To discuss your options call us 24/7 on 0208 004 0065 or email us at

If you are aged 16 or over you are legally entitled to change your name at any time.


It is generally thought that changing your name is a long and costly process which requires a Deed Poll application and a court process. This is not true!


We offer a competitive fixed fee to prepare and implement a Change of Name deed and in most circumstances, you can have your name changed the same day you see us and this will be legally recognised in the UK.

If you seek to change the name of a child, this may be a more complicated process depending on your circumstances. It will require the written consent of all people who have parental responsibility for the child and if consent cannot be obtained you will need to consider applying for a court order.

Whether the change of a child's name is agreed by all people who have parental responsibility or contested - our expert legal team can assist you to progress and achieve the outcome you seek.

What We Can Do


We are able to assist with drafting all the relevant forms for a change of name if you are an adult. If you seek to change a child's name we can assess your position and advise on whether this is possible or whether you need to consider further legal steps.

If there is a dispute regarding the change of a child's name we can discuss and advise on a way forward, which may include an application to court if the matter is contested.

We have extensive experience in dealing with all areas of Children Law. We are members of Resolution and hold Law Society Family Law Advanced Panel Accreditation which demonstrates our knowledge, skill and expertise in this area of law.

Our Past Cases

Below are some change of name cases we have conducted in the past:

  • Court order for change of a children's first names back to the initial birth certificate registration after the mother had unanimously changed the children's names without the father's consent

  • Prevent a change of a child's surname to the surname of the step-father and ensured that the biological father's first name remains as the child's surname

What We Offer You








Enquiry Line

Out of Hours




No Hidden






Law Society


Do you need to change your name or your child's name?
Call us now or send an enquiry below to discuss your options!

Third Floor, Crown House, 47 Chase Side, London, N14 5BP

Tel: 0208 004 0065 - Email:

southgate solicitors is a trading name of Southgate Solicitors Limited Company No: 10575376 - Registered Office at above address

We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority No: 636415

All prices displayed are inclusive of VAT.

VAT No: 263804305

Privacy Terms of Use - Complaints Process

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon