Hasan Hadi LL.B (Hons)
Accreditation & Memberships
- Hasan has expertly guided me through a very stressful divorce which has included complicated child and financial matters. All is now settled and I am eternally grateful to Hasan for the outcome. He is extremely dedicated, professional and knowledgeable. I trusted him from the start and this never swayed. He always responded promptly to questions I had and kept the essential communication going where necessary. I would highly recommend him to anyone going through a similar situation to me. He is exceptional. Mrs V, Essex
- Hasan is very knowledgeable and helped me to understand the intricacies of the process and the options available to me at each stage. Mr G, North London - Management Consultant at Big 4 Accountancy Firm
- I was represented in a very complicated financial settlement as we have properties abroad. Very happy with the outcome. I believe without representation the outcome would have been different. Mr K, North London - Banker
- They understood my needs and advised accordingly. Any issues were clearly communicated to me and my concerns were dealt with professionally. Mr C, South London - Director of IT Firm
- They gave me the confidence to pursue the matter to ensure I receive what I am entitled to. Mr K, Luton - Business Analyst
- I've received a lot of ad hoc advice from Hasan over the years and would highly recommend him for his personable nature and knowledge. Mr A Gooding, VIP Chef
- I would like to use take this opportunity to thank you for the advice and help you provided for me. I am really grateful for all that you did for me. Mr A - Accountant
- I used Southgate Solicitors for my divorce and I couldn’t recommend them more! The whole process was dealt with very efficiently and smoothly whilst guiding me through the procedure with great advice, expertise and reassurance. Thank you Hasan! Ms G F, London
- First of all I would like to say how thankful I am of all the help that you have given me regarding this matter, your wisdom and knowledge put me at ease at our first meeting, allowing me to leave your office knowing I had the right solicitor fighting my corner. Mr K, Greater London
- Hasan did everything he could to bring the right and just outcome to a very messy divorce. He couldn't have done a more better job. Thank you Hasan for believing me and fighting my corner. Mrs M, South East London
- Hasan was helpful for the past 2 years of my divorce case, he rang and emailed me if he received any news from court. He explained matters to me well and I am so glad that he was my lawyer. Mrs A, West London
- My stepdaughter is now in the United States with my husband and I. No more suffering for this 7 year old. Mr & Mrs L, New York, USA
- It has been a great relief being represented by you. I am more than grateful for all your tenacity, advice and support in a caring, sensitive and ethical manner. Mrs R, East London
- They always understood my needs and advised me with their knowledge and supported me to make the right decisions. I was offered compassion when I needed it most. Mrs O, North East London
I went to Hasan for legal advice after my husband left me suddenly, he gave his time generously in the introductory session and represented me well in getting us divorced. I felt he was reasonable and caring in his advice - respecting the fact that we sought to work things out together - rather than taking an adversarial approach - however when I was under pressure to make decisions that were not right for me - he helped me to stand firm. There was a sense that he was wanting the best for me. In fact we went to a cheaper - on line solicitor to get the financial consent order due to our financial situation. However I now think that this was the wrong decision and I would caution anyone who takes this line that there can be many hidden costs that are in the small print but can be overlooked in the initial comparisons. Hasan had in fact offered a reasonable package and I wish now that he had represented me throughout the whole process, rather than simply the divorce. Mrs P, Hertfordshire
- I would like to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to Hasan. I'll definitely recommend you to anyone, as you are very reliable, professional and well experienced. Thank you so much for your service and eminence support. Mr D H, North London
- Excellent firm. Hasan is a professional and has a sound understanding of family law. I would recommend Southgate solicitors to anyone who requires family legal advice. Highly impressed with the friendly staff. Ms L
- Hasan was an inspirational colleague! He was always very knowledgeable, worked efficiently, and offered great customer service to clients. I learned a lot from him and would highly recommend his services. Crystal Debrah, CEO
- A law firm with a difference. Mr Hadi’s knowledge and expertise is unmatched to any other. He has a no-nonsense approach to all family law issues; providing prompt and accurate assistance whilst sensitively navigating clients through any difficulties faced be it in financial ancillary relief proceedings, child arrangements or divorce. I had quite complex proceedings and I am truly thankful to have received Southgate Solicitors’ highly competent assistance in all three matters. The firm is modern and forward thinking and there is a real dedication all round in ensuring the client is treated as an individual; the ease of how well communication is facilitated being an example of the same. Thank you so very much to Mr Hadi for all the support given to me throughout. I highly recommend Southgate Solicitors for the wonderful service they provide and how well they provide it. Ms H G, North West London
- I really enjoy working with Hasan - he is pragmatic, collaborative and sensible in his approach, and very efficient. This means our working relationship is very smooth, we get more done together than we would individually, and there is no wasted time, meaning excellent value for clients. A talented lawyer and clearly going places, Hasan is someone I would actively recommend. Matthew Richardson, Barrister
- Hasan is an exceptional family law solicitor. I have worked with him in some of the most complex children cases in the High Court including those with an international element. He is very dynamic, has excellent client care and uses his strong strategic mind to make a real difference in a finely balanced case. Cyrus Larizadeh QC, Barrister
- I have had the pleasure of working with Hasan on many occasions over the last few years and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that he is a diligent and hardworking solicitor who is entirely focussed on his client's interests, interests that he represents with passion and integrity. I look forward to continuing that work as Hasan embarks on a venture that I have no doubt will be a success. Charlie Peat, Barrister
- I worked with Hasan for many years and have watched him become a very formidable and skilled lawyer. He remains however very personable and has great client care skills. I would not hesitate in recommending him. Alpa Ghelani, TV Edwards
- Hasan Hadi is a highly enterprising and dynamic young solicitor. Over the last year we have worked together on several public law children cases. He has demonstrable experience of dealing successfully with the challenges and complexities of care proceedings; the international movement of children; and mental health and mental capacity issues. David Boyd, Barrister & Tribunal Judge
- I have always found Mr Hadi to be conscientious, hard-working and reliable. Jason Green, Barrister
- Hasan is a solicitor to be reckoned with - he has a friendly and personable approach to clients and opponents - but he is a formidable family lawyer and he and his team are a force to be reckoned with. Barbara Hecht, Principal Solicitor at Hecht Montgomery
- I have worked with Hasan for over six years. He is a conscientious and committed solicitor with excellent attention to detail. Hasan works hard to ensure the best possible outcomes for his client. Hasan is knowledgeable and very personable. An excellent advocate. Naomi Ayodeji, Solicitor at Burke Niazi
- Hasan is a fantastic family lawyer. He has a level-headed yet meticulous approach to cases. He goes the extra mile for his clients and gets results. Natasha Ord, Solicitor at Stowe Family Law
- Having known and worked with Hasan since we were paralegals, I can attest to his commitment and passion for his work, and the professionalism he portrays in achieving the best outcome for his clients. Being a Resolution member, he is firm in his negotiations but maintains the sensitivity that is needed in this area of law. It is this balance that allows him to achieve the best results for his clients. Priya Baskaran, Solicitor at Atkins Hope
- Mr Hadi is an excellent lawyer with a fine attention to detail and expert knowledge of his area of the law. As well as being a skilled negotiator he is approachable with a good client manner. Sadikur Rahman, Solicitor at Edwards Duthie
- I have always found Hasan to be a dedicated solicitor. His caseload is very organised and he has been continuously successful in achieving costs orders in complex divorce and financial matters. Siraj Khan, Costs Lawyer & Partner
- I have known and worked with Hasan for many years and would highly recommend him and his pragmatic approach to resolving family matters. Hasan is committed to resolving matters out of court where possible. He is also very good at bringing Family professionals together at networking events. Austin Chessell, Mediator and Solicitor
- Hasan has a robust approach in every case. He provides clients with confidence and has had successes on a number of cases. He is also outstandingly helpful with colleagues and team members. Tazeen Butt, Solicitor at Shelter
- Hasan has a very analytical and meticulous approach in his handling of finances and assets. I have always found him to be swift in spotting discrepancies and investigating them further. Zoya Sharif, Accountant
- Hasan, I would like to say a huge thank you for all the help, support and guidance during my fathers divorce. In the outset we thought this would simply be a straight forward situation with a quick conclusion, however the other side seemed fairly adamant at drawing this out with a lot of nonsense and repetitive requests, thankfully your no nonsense approach and push back on many occasions have been greatly appreciated. These times can be hugely stressful for everyone concerned, however due to your knowledge and professionalism throughout the process my father felt safe and comfortable knowing he was in safe hands, whilst receiving the best legal advice possible. It;s easy finding a solicitor but finding a firm which has compassion for your situation is not so easy, I firmly believe we made the perfect choice as you have been there through every step of the way, providing the right guidance. A big thank you Hasan, Southgate Solicitor's are highly recommended and have been extremely efficient in handling my fathers case. Mrs P, Kent
- Hasan was such a great Solicitor, highly recommend him, he knows his stuff. Has helped me greatly. Mr Ali, North London
- I was going through a very difficult and stressful situation but Southgate Solicitors were there to help me every step of the way. My solicitor Hasan was brilliant. No matter what problems arose Hasan and his team were able to assist and guide me through the process. I cannot thank Hasan and his team enough for their assistance and I highly recommend them. Mr K, London
- Working with Southgate Solicitors has made my legal matter a lot smoother and far easier than I would’ve had to otherwise. The service I received has been of the upmost quality and also consistently prompt. I would totally recommend them! K C, Essex
Amicably settled a civil dissolution and a clean break between two civil partners, with our client retaining the former family home for an equitable lump sum.
Divorce & Family Finances
Negotiated and amicably settled a divorce and favourable financial relief matter on behalf of a husband.
Successfully pursued a financial relief application resulting in a substantive financial order and pension equalisation order favourable to wife.
Obtained a freezing injunction on a husband's solely owned freehold commercial property to prevent a sale and thereafter pursued a contested application for financial relief for the wife.
Secured a settlement in which our client obtained 100% of the husband's assets disclosed in proceedings due to his non-compliance and non-disclosure of business and financial interests.
Pursued a successful jurisdiction race in the English courts and thereafter a heavily contested financial relief application involving foreign assets concluding with a favourable outcome for transfer of joint property to husband and costs order against the wife.
Negotiated a financial settlement involving extensive international assets in Australia.
Concluded lengthy care proceedings with children being returned to our client under a Child Arrangement Order.
Secured the return to family of a teenage daughter who was in foster care and subsequently a specialist Child Sexual Exploitation unit throughout proceedings.
Prevented a child being adopted concluding with the newborn baby being placed with paternal family in Algeria.
Private Law Children
Settling a lengthy and contested divorce and child arrangement matters for a relative of a prominent British politician.
Agreeing a consent order for a child arrangement order further to a relocation of the mother.
Return of a child to a London borough after a mother had fled with no notice to the father and thereafter for residency of the child to change in the father's favour.
Order for change of children's first names back to the initial birth certificate registration after the mother had unanimously changed the children's names without the father's consent.
Negotiated an amicable settlement in High Court child abduction proceedings in which our client was accused of removing children back to England and retaining them.
Hasan's reported cases include the following:
Re J (A Child: Brussels II Revised: Article 15: Practice Procedure)  EWFC 41
R (Fact finding), Re  EWFC B97
Areas of Expertise
Advocacy | Annulment | Change of Name | Child Abduction | Child Arrangement Orders | Child Maintenance | Children Law | Civil Dissolution | Cohabitation Law | Collaborative Law | Court Representation | Divorce | Domestic Abuse | Ex-Pat Divorce | Financial Matters | International Family Law | International Assets & Finances | Islamic Divorce | Judicial Separation | Mediation | Non-Molestation Orders & Occupation Orders | Nuptial Agreements | Prohibited Steps Orders | Separation Agreements | Specific Issue Orders | Spousal Maintenance