Sonia Rola LL.B (Hons)
Accreditation & Memberships
- I have had the privilege of discovering Sonia on my journey to finding a good family law solicitor, and I knew straight away that I wanted Sonia to take on my case. She was direct, open and to the point. Sonia is the most professional and reliable solicitor I have come across. I have also had the luxury of being represented by Sonia on one occasion at court and I was even more impressed. For the first time in many court hearings, I felt supported during the stressful experience of attending court. Sonia made me feel secure with her knowledge and expertise and she was responsive to my needs. The way she navigated the court experience from beginning to end was exceptional. Sonia went above and beyond what I would have expected to make my voice heard during the hearing. In my opinion, Sonia is not only more skilled than some of the barristers who had previously represented me; but more importantly her approach was far more personal as she made the effort to listen. I felt heard and understood for the first time. Thanks to Sonia, we walked away with a victory on this day and I couldn't have been happier. However, her efforts didn't stop there and Sonia graciously helped me with further paperwork pro bono! I cannot thank her enough for her generosity. I am continuously grateful for her constant hard work and diligence which always pays off. I would highly recommend Sonia for any family law matters. Ms S Y, London
- Super service and good advice given. The end result was positive and within the timeframe. I was told it would be. Sonia was excellent to deal with and did not run up unnecessary costs as some do. I highly recommend them. Mr P, Greater London
- I previously had 2 other family law solicitors. Unfortunately, they didn't help with any progress dealing with my divorce matter after so many years. Finally, I found Sonia from Southgate Solicitors. She is kind, helpful, quick and responsive in solving all the problems. She is excellent. Thank you, Sonia for all the great help. Ms H
- My sister and I would like to thank Sonia Rola for taking on my sister’s complex and lengthy divorce case and conclude with a very successful outcome for my sister. We found Sonia to be truly amazing, understanding, empowering and comforting to have on our side. We have the highest regard for her work and deeply appreciate her sensitivity and generosity. We have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Sonia to others. Mr B M, Hertfordshire - Engineer
- I have utilised Sonia expertise over the years and have always found her to be conscientious, efficient and professional at all times. She gets the job done. Mr A P, Berkshire - Entrepeneur
- I'm so impressed with the results I received and the passion Sonia placed in my case. Not only did I get the outcome most favourable to myself and family, but it was done with but not limited to integrity, compassion and punctual. Thank you. Ms A V, London
- I have known Sonia both personally and professionally for over 20 years from the outset of her career and through to her qualification and current seniority, Sonia has previously acted for a very close family member of mine with divorce matters and has also assisted my colleagues in my family law department in her role as a family mediator in my current practice, Sonia is one of the most dedicated, professional, hardworking solicitors I have had the pleasure of being associated with. Levent Hasan, Senior Partner Dominic Levent Solicitors
- Sonia is an excellent family lawyer, she is professional, efficient and a takes an empathetic approach in her cases. Natalie Lester, Debenhams Ottaway Solicitors
- Sonia is an amazingly professional and diligent person. She is very kind which is a necessity for the work she did. I cannot recommend her highly enough. Michele Zadek-Ewing
- Working with Sonia was an absolute pleasure. Sonia would demonstrate exceptional judgment in some rather complex cases. She was consistently calm, professional, yet firm in her approach sometimes facing difficult conversations. She is a great colleague and team leader. Given my eagerness to get involved in her cases, she welcomed my thoughts and involved me where possible. She took time to explain to me things when I had questions and made me feel like a valued team member. Sheila Khatun
- Sonia has consistently proven herself to be a pragmatic, diligent and lateral - thinking practitioner of formidable resilience and pleasant demeanour, who is willing to go the 'extra - mile' for her clients. As a fellow solicitor of not inconsiderable experience and having worked with Sonia in the context of us having been professional 'opponents', I have no hesitation in recommending her. Tony Canaii, Principal Solicitor at Augustins
- I have known Sonia Rola and worked with her her,over ten years now! At all times Sonia has been professional, efficient and a pleasure to deal with – she clearly has a wide range of experience and knowledge of all aspects of Civil, Matrimonial, Commercial & Criminal litigation but we are very pleased that she continues to engage our Services / assistance, for matters outside her remit. We understand she is taking up a new position and we have no doubt she will also make a success of that. We, as a company, deal with 100s of lawyers and would have no hesitation in pointing our clients, colleagues and associates towards Sonia. John Bateman, P&D Investigations Limited
- Received a very professional assistance from Sonia and Sophie. I recommend this firm. Kevin Sagum, Stennett & Stennett Solicitors
- Sonia is amazing, very knowledgeable and very well connected. I couldn't ask for a better solicitor. Mr R, London
- My solicitor was honest, approachable, client focused, and gave me value for money throughout. In a difficult case, her expertise in law was crucial in making decisions that resulted in an outcome beyond my expectations. Her support was invaluable and a service to society. Mr C, North West London
- My solicitor was really helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. He helped me achieve justice and protected my interests – always acting honestly and ethically. I fully trust my solicitor and he will be on speed dial should I need any further legal assistance. Mr R, South London
- I found Southgate Solicitors online after doing extensive research. Sonia is extremely efficient, professional and pays close attention to detail. I can't recommend Sonia highly enough. AB, London
- I used Southgate solicitors for mediation services (MIAM). I have to say they were very responsive to my initial request, and then in providing the mediation interview they were exampliary. If you need mediation, I would certainly recommend them. Personally I was recommended to them by my solicitor. Sander B, London
- Sonia is currently working on my family law case and is an absolute pleasure to deal with. On my journey to finding a divorce lawyer I have never met anyone quite like Sonia. She is exceptionally efficient, professional and extremely dedicated to her work yet at the same treats you with patience, kindness and compassion always, however stressful the situation. Sonia has also represented me in court and was so understanding and supportive through this difficult experience, she really put me at ease. She remained composed, calm and precise to the point and achieved a fabulous result and I could not be a happier. I never thought working with a lawyer for my divorce could be pleasurable and I would highly recommend Sonia to anyone who needs a family law lawyer. Thank you for your continuing hard work Sonia. Ms K O, London
- Solid and friendly advice at a time I needed it most! Mr Ward, London
I felt so lucky to have Sonia helping me with the financial matters and it is absolutely pleasure to have her dealing with my case where the other party behaves extremely hostile and difficult. Sonia is exceptional efficient, professional and experienced, I would highly recommend Sonia and Southgate Solicitors. Chen, London
Areas of Expertise
Advocacy | Annulment | Change of Name | Child Arrangement Orders | Child Maintenance | Children Law | Civil Dissolution | Cohabitation Law | Court Representation | Divorce | Domestic Abuse | Ex-Pat Divorce | Financial Matters | International Family Law | International Assets & FInances | Islamic Divorce | Judicial Separation | Mediation | Non-Molestation Orders & Occupation Orders | Nuptial Agreements | Prohibited Steps Orders | Separation Agreements | Specific Issue Orders | Spousal Maintenance
Represented wife in an ultra-high-net-worth matrimonial case resulting in a significant award for our client.
Represented a wife in heavily contested proceedings and was awarded a significant lump sum to meet her housing needs arising out of a fairly short marriage.
Represented wife in a medium-length marriage and obtained a transfer of the family home to her due to husband's non-engagement in proceedings.
Represented father in a contested children matter and achieved a return of children who had been abducted to Iraq, as well a custodial sentence for the mother who had abducted them during the 2004 Iraq War (Re Kechiche  EWHC 2184 (Fam)).
Represented father and successfully obtained a transfer of living arrangements of the children in his favour.